CAD Technician – Landscape Architect/Architect – 3 – 5 years’ experience – based in Wiltshire
We are looking for a competent CAD Technician – Landscape Architect/Architect, preferably with 3-5 years’ experience to join our practice based in the Patney, Devizes office. The position is a full-time office-based role, with an initial three month probationary period, with an immediate start date. The successful candidate will work with energy and enthusiasm in assisting the studio to deliver the outstanding landscape design projects that the practice works on. They will be happy to liaise with external consultants and produce technically detailed specifications of a high standard for both hard and soft landscape works. The ideal requirements for the role are:
• Preparation of illustrated plans and visualisations.
• Creation of Digital 3D models of landscapes and landscape features.
• Preparation of technical working drawings, details and specifications.
• Liaison with other consultants.
• Management of up to date drawing records and documents.
• Preparation of other documents (bills of quantities, NBS specifications, etc.).
• Minimum of three years’ experience working as a CAD technician.
• Be proficient in AutoCad, Sketch Up, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and NBS Landscape software, and be willing to learn new packages such as KeySCAPE. Rhino and or Revit
• Have a keen interest and knowledge of plants and planting.
• Be generally conversant in all stages of project development – from analysis through to design, to construction, implementation and management.
• Be experienced in the preparation of illustrated plans and visualisations, working drawings and details.
• Be experienced in the management of up to date drawing records and documents.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• You will be happy to work as part of a small close knit and energetic team.
• Have a positive, engaging and flexible attitude towards people and projects. Be confident in liaising directly with external consultants and site contractors
• Have an organised and efficient approach to completing work to the highest standard within tight and often unpredictable deadlines, being willing to work additional hours when required.
• Be adaptable to working independently and under direction, whilst also working alongside other members of the team.
You should be able to provide one to two references from a referee in the UK, and have your own transport.
We offer a competitive salary, £24,000 – £26,000 based upon experience.
Please send a portfolio of recent work, CV and cover letter to:
Nikki Balck-Foote, Practice Manager
or by post to:
Balston Agius Ltd, Long Barn, Manor Farm Lane, Patney, Devizes, Wiltshire SN10 3RB